Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Triquetra


This is an early symbol used by Christians as a sign of the Holy Trinity. The three equal arcs (composed exactly of three overlapping Viseca piscis symbols) express eternity in their continuous form, indivisibility in their interweaving, and their center is a triangle, ancient Trinity symbol.

“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.”                (Matthew 28:19)


 *  *  *  *  *


Dies ist ein frühes Symbol der Heiligen Dreifaltigkeit.
Die drei gleichen Bögen bekunden die Ewigkeit in ihrer Endlosigkeit, Unteilbarkeit in ihrer Verflechtung, und ihr Zentrum ist ein Dreieck:, ein altes Wahrzeichen für die Dreieinigkeit.

"Darum gehet hin und machet zu Jüngern alle Völker und tauft sie im Namen des Vaters und des Sohnes und des Heiligen Geistes."     (Matthäus 28,19)

 *  *  *  *  *

 And here is the PDF "Triquetra" for you to download.

Please do not sell the patterns or the ornaments. If you give them as gifts, please always include the explanation of the symbol.
I would love to hear from all who are using my patterns. It would be nice to know that my efforts are not in vain. You find my email address on the pattern if you have any question about it. Happy to help.


*  *  *  *  *


updated 05/01/2015: 
 
I am also a lacemaker and am working on what I have dreamed about for quite some time:
the Chrismons in Lace Series.
This is a design by Brigitte Bellon. She is incredible generous and allowed me to share her pattern here with you for your own personal use PDF“Triquetra"

Here is my finished lace for my Advent calendar:

5 comments:

Pam said...

Hi Christa, I know Chrismons are gold and white, but have you ever used colored beads for the rainbow on the Noah's Ark. Love all your designs and look forward to each new year.

Carrie said...

We plan on making these with the families in our church for our family Sunday school in a couple of weeks. I just wanted to verify that it’s ok to copy the pattern to hand out to families so they know how to make it at their tables. Thanks!!

Christa said...

Hi Carrie, yes, for personal use it's totally ok to copy the patterns so it is easier for everybody. Family Sunday school sound like a wonderful time. I wish you a good event making the Chrismons. Christa
PS: I would love to hear how it went

Carrie said...

Great! Thanks! We’ll be doing it this Sunday so I’ll let you know!

Carrie said...

The ornament making went great this past weekend! So many families commented on how they’ve always seen these on our tree at church, but have never made one for home. I had some extra kits and encouraged families to take them home and I didn’t have a single one left after class!! Thank you again for the instructions!