Monday, July 22, 2013

Christian Symbols Christmas Ornaments - Introduction

This is my family Chrismon tree. Every year another design is added.
I have been involved in making Christian Symbols Christmas Ornaments (most often called Chrismons) since 1993. Every year I got more excited about them. I have designed a good number by now and on request wrote a book with the first 15 patterns ... with all proceeds going to charity.

It is a great joy for me when others like Chrismons too, make them for their church or as gifts. Since I get a lot of my info from the internet myself I have decided to share my designs this way too.

I am not sure how to go about it though since each pattern is very detailed step-by-step ... too much to put in a blog.

So, one by one I will upload the designs. Be patient. It will take some time. Designing Chrismons is one thing ... mastering the internet is another.

Please do not sell the patterns or the ornaments though. If you give them as gifts, please always include the explanation of the symbol. And I would love to hear from all who are using my patterns. It would be nice to know that my efforts are not in vain.

I hope you will enjoy making Christian Ornaments as much as I do ~ for your own tree or as gifts!
Blessings,
Christa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so excited that I found you! I can't wait to make these for our church Xmas tree this year. We have a Hanging of the Greens event which is really just decorating our church for the joyous Advent/Christmas season. Usually, I try to come up with a craft activity. I saw a thing on chrismons and liked what you have done! The instructions look pretty good. This year, I thought we should start making Chrismons for our tree. I love the simple yet elegant designs you make. I'm thinking we will start this year with the triquetra. Thank you for all the time and effort you have put into your work. Your sister in Christ, Gail.

Christa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christa said...

Gail, nice to hear from you. I hope your efforts were a success. Another easy design is the star of David. Children can add all the beads to one string and and "trained" person can do the twisting quickly. That has been successful for me ... except they were not children but elderly ladies who do not do crafts often. Everybody was happy.
Concerning my "style" ... Somebody's comment on another blog said that most patterns are too complicated. For me they are not only more difficult/time-consuming to make but also too frilly to look at. All a matter of taste. Thank you for your kind words.

Ann said...

I absolutely love that you share your patterns and say do not sell them! I have been making Chrismons for church and hime for 20 years and am so happy to have found you! Bless you.

Ann said...

I absolutely love that you share your patterns and say do not sell them! I have been making Chrismons for church and hime for 20 years and am so happy to have found you! Bless you.