Saturday, November 2, 2013

Lamb

Agnus Dei is Latin meaning “Lamb of God”. The lamb is often a symbol of Christ, symbolizing purity, meekness and sacrifice, gentleness of character, patience under suffering.

Prophetic pictures and references to the coming Lamb of God are scattered throughout the Bible’s Old Testament.  Many times we read about the importance of sacrificing a lamb, an innocent lamb without blemish to atone for sins. The stories of Abraham (Genesis 22) and the Passover (Exodus 12-13) are important examples.

Christ became that innocent lamb to take away our sins.  Since Jesus’ crucifixion sacrificing a lamb is no longer needed.

“The next day John  (the Baptist) saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!” (John 1:29)

“For Christ, our Paschal lamb, has been sacrificed.” (1 Corinthians 5:7)


*  *  *  *  *



Agnus Dei ist lateinisch und bedeutet "Lamm Gottes". Das Lamm ist oft ein Symbol für Christus, symbolisiert Reinheit, Demut und Opfer, Sanftmut des Charakters, Geduld im Leiden.

Prophetische Bilder und Verweise auf das kommende Lamm Gottes sind im ganzen Alten Testament der Bibel verstreut. Viele Male lesen wir über die Bedeutung der Opferung eines Lammes, ein unschuldiges Lamm ohne Makel für Sünden zu büßen. Die Geschichten von Abraham (Genesis 22) und dem Paschamahl (Exodus 12-13) sind wichtige Beispiele.

Christus wurde dass unschuldige Lamm, das unsere Sünden wegnahm. Seit der Kreuzigung Jesu ein Lamm zu opfern ist nicht mehr benötigt.

"Am nächsten Tag Johannes (der Täufer) sah Jesus auf sich zukommen und sagte:" Seht! Das Lamm Gottes, das hinweg nimmt die Sünde der Welt! " (Johannes 1:29)

"Denn Christus, unser Osterlamm, wurde geopfert." (1 Korinther 5:7)


*  *  *  *  *

And here is the PDF "Lamb" for you to download.

Please do not sell the patterns or the ornaments. If you give them as gifts, please always include the explanation of the symbol.
I would love to hear from all who are using my patterns. It would be nice to know that my efforts are not in vain. You find my email address on the pattern if you have any question about it. Happy to help.

*  *  *  *  * 


This is an early version of my design with a flag instead of the cross ... and some other little details besides it being really tiny because I used much smaller beads.









*  *  *  *  *

updated April 8, 2016:

I am also a lacemaker and am working on what I have dreamed about for quite some time: 
the Chrismons in Lace Series.
This is a design by Brigitte Bellon. She is incredible generous and allowed me to share her pattern here with you for your own personal use  PDF “Lamb “


Here is my finished lace for my Advent calendar:





7 comments:

Unknown said...

Christa, while searching for some new ideas/ designs for this year's Chrismon Tree @Church, I came upon your site.

Your patterns are beautiful and so well detailed. The Wheat though, is GENIUS!

It is my new favorite by far. I used materials I had, and combined it with the white felt & glitter-glue designs we have used previously.

I would love to show you my interpretation, but don't see how to paste an image here.

Thank you for your very generous sharing of your Talents!

Mary Christmas!
Rose Fontana, Maine
rosesinme@aol.com

Christa said...

Thank you so much for your nice comments. Every one of my patterns have my email address. I would love to see your versions of my patterns and any other Chrismons you have done. Please email me. I would love seeing it.
Blessings,
Christa

Ann Sanger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann Sanger said...

I think the lamb is so precious. It was harder than it looks. The second time it was easier. The beads forming the belly were tricky, but necessary. Thanks.

Christa said...

I think that is true with almost anything. It gets easier doing it again. I am happy that you tried it and mostly that you are happy with it. Thanks for writing.

Ann Sanger said...

I have posted some photos to facebook and your link.

Christa said...

I would love to see them but can't find you. Can you please add me to your post or whatever it's called. Thanks. So happy you find my patterns helpful.