Saturday, November 2, 2013

Angel

According to many religions, an angel is a spiritual being created by God. The word angel comes from a Greek word meaning messenger. According to religious tradition, angels live in heaven and act as God’s servants and as messengers between God and human beings. They also serve as guardians of individuals and nations. Angels traditionally are pictured as having a human body and wings and have been portrayed by various artists as symbols of innocence or virtue.
“The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them.” Psalms 34:7

* * * * *


Engel
Nach Ansicht vieler Religionen ist ein Engel ein geistiges Wesen von Gottgeschaffen. Das Wort Engel kommt aus dem Griechischen und bedeutet Bote.
Nachreligiöser Tradition leben Engel im Himmel und handeln als Gottes Diener undals Boten zwischen Gott und Mensch. Sie dienen auch als Hüter des Einzelnen undder Völker.
Engel werden traditionell mit einem menschlichen Körper und Flügeln dargestelltund von verschiedenen Künstlern als Symbol der Unschuld oder Tugend abgebildet.

"Der Engel des Herrn lagert sich um diejenigen,die ihn fürchten, und hilft ihnen heraus." Psalm 34:7

* * * * *

And here is the PDF "Angel" for you to download.

Please do not sell the patterns or the ornaments. If you give them as gifts, please always include the explanation of the symbol.
I would love to hear from all who are using my patterns. It would be nice to know that my efforts are not in vain. You find my email address on the pattern if you have any question about it. Happy to help.

* * * * *
 
updated 07/17/2015:
I am also a lacemaker and am working on what I have dreamed about for quite some time:
the Chrismons in Lace Series.
This is a design by Brigitte Bellon. She is incredible generous and allowed me to share her pattern here with you for your own personal use PDF "Angel"

Here is my finished lace for my Advent calendar:



2 comments:

Judy said...

We are making chrismons for our church this year. We adapted the angel a bit. I would love to send you a picture. Do you email?

Christa said...

Judy, happy that you tried my pattern. I would love to see a picture of your angel. I am very interested to see how you adapted it. My email address is on top of each pattern. Looking forward to hear from you. Christa