Monday, January 4, 2021

Harp

Meaning:

The word Harp is found about 50 times in the bible. The Christian Symbol "Harp" represents worship and joy in praising God.


"Sing unto the LORD with thanksgiving; sing praise upon the harp unto our God."  Psalms 147:7


"And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took a harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him."  1 Samuel 16:23


And Paul wrote in his letter 1 Corinthians 14:6-7

"Now, brothers and sisters, if I come to you speaking in tongues, how will I benefit you unless I speak to you in some revelation or knowledge or prophecy or teaching? It is the same way with lifeless instruments that produce sound, such as the flute or the harp. If they do not give distinct notes, how will anyone know what is being played?"




*  *  *  *  *


And here is the PDF pattern “Harp" for you to download.


Please do not sell the patterns or the ornaments. If you give them as gifts, please always include the explanation of the symbol. I would love to hear from all who are using my patterns. It would be nice to know that my efforts are not in vain. You find my email address on the pattern if you have any question about it. Happy to help.


*  *  *  *  *



No comments: