Thursday, August 9, 2018

Keys

Meaning:

The word Key/s is mentioned several times in the bible depending on the translation. It is an important symbol in the Christian Church.

Deuteronomy 30:20 (New Living Translation): 
You can make this choice by loving the LORD your God, obeying him, and committing yourself firmly to him. This is the key to your life.

Revelation 1:18: 
I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

The crossed keys are best known as the symbol for Saint Peter.

In the Gospel of Matthew 16:19, Jesus says to Peter: 
"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on Earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in heaven.”






*  *  *  *  *

And here is the PDF "Keys" for you to download.
Please do not sell the patterns or the ornaments. If you give them as gifts, please always include the explanation of the symbol.I would love to hear from all who are using my patterns. It would be nice to know that my efforts are not in vain. You find my email address on the pattern if you have any question about it. Happy to help.


*  *  *  *  * 
I am also a lacemaker and am working on what I have dreamed about for quite some time: 
the Chrismons in Lace Series.

This is a design by me and you may download the PDF "Chrismon in Lace Series - Keys"  for your own personal use.

Here is my finished lace for my Advent calendar:



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Crista, you are an angel! I happened to find you on pinterest (which I don't even know how to use) while looking for Chrismon patterns. I wanted beads, small sizes. Your mission and artistic talent are spectactular! God bless all the good you are doing. I've copied the patterns, but would buy the book you mention if you'll tell me how. My Mother got a hold of the original books in 1970s from VA and spearheaded the original tree in her ELCA church in Ft. Madison IA. Chrismons are very special and I hope to finally get a small tree decorated here in KS.

Christa said...

Thank you very much for your kind comments. I have no idea what book you are talking about. Yes, Chrismons are very special. I have more in my head. Just need time. Good luck to you. Feel free to ask if you have a question or suggestion.